Brian, Jen & 2 Boys

All about the four of us - a way for those of you far away to keep up on our adventures and a way for us to record them.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Commentary - from the Munchkins

We try to be "fair and balanced" around here with the boys. They know we're voting Republican (well, we already have voted) but we've been careful not to bash any candidate or idea. In fact, I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to get Jason to stop believing the crazy ideas he comes home with. "Did you know if Obama wins he's going to turn all of the white people into slaves as payback?" "Did you know Obama wants to take everyone's guns?"

Anyways, in light of the historic election tomorrow, I thought I'd post some interesting conversations!

I was watching a Youtube clip (you know the one, about Obama's plan for the military) and Alex came in. I stopped it but he'd seen enough to ask, "Is Obama really going to get rid of the army?" I told him that he plans to cut funding for the military and stop the war in Iraq, but that we'll still have a military. He said, "that's OK, Canada will protect us!"

We were in the car discussing who Jason was going to vote for at school. He said he was voting for John McCain, and then Alex, to be contrary, said, "Well, I'm voting for Obama." I told him he'd probably end up with the winner and then I asked him why he preferred Obama. He said, "Well, I just disagree with McCain on policy and stuff." I asked which policies he disagreed with and he said "You know, the ones about people and stuff." I guess they DO listen, at least a little, to the grown up political conversations!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Hartle's said...

That thing about the slaves has got to be the funniest thing ever! Your such a good mom!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have such clever grandchildren!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Just Tera said...

It's amazing what they pick up. Clever kiddos.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah Joy said...

OH MY! The slave thing... hilarious!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home